Thursday, March 7, 2013

Singing through Handwriting

"It's time to say goodbye
        To turning tables..."

Adele, my muse finishes the song with such intensity, I feel the usual tug in my chest reminding me of my lifelong unrequited love for singing.


Suddenly, I hear a soft yet soulful message which, in my heart, could only come from Him:



You could sing, Milli, sing with your handwriting! Then you could make beautiful music the likes of which no one has ever heard--- or seen.

Wow. 

I never thought of that before. I don't know, but the past weeks, I've just been swimming in my creative juices, writing and composing like crazy. I haven't been this inspired since high school when I had created 2-books worth of poetry. Not sure what happened in college and after but just like that, I lost my rhyme. Thought it was just part of growing up so after much mourning, I moved on, diverting my creativity to other forms: drawing  painting, handicrafts.

The renewed fervor could only have been caused by reconnecting with my inner self through prayer and meditation. This ritual will now be a permanent part of my life.

Anyway, here's the first song I'm gonna "sing". It's not mine but it's been driving me insane for the last few days. Why? Because I can't help but think that the song is literally describing (blushing here)--- lovemaking. No, not in the lyrics but in its melody and rhythm; starting with almost a whisper, building up the momentum and finishing up with a thunderous symphony then slowly dying down with an afterglow. Maybe U2 really meant to write it that way. Or maybe it's that damn book that has permanently messed up my perception...

Sigh.







           

No comments:

Post a Comment